vineri, 22 mai 2009

Whispers On The Ice

The forest was silent, as if holding its breath in anticipation. Jordan found herself alone, in the middle of a clearing, the pine needles silencing her footsteps as she slowly turned in a circle in search of a way out. Suddenly, several yards away, Aleksei stood at the wood line of the forest, his arms outstretched, reaching toward her. Jordan cautiously began walking toward Aleksei. His voice was silent yet inside her heart she could hear him calling her to him. Each step she took toward him, he seemed to melt deeper into the forest, his tall, muscular body becoming more transparent with each passing second. It was as if he was slowly fading before her eyes. But she knew that was impossible so she kept moving forward, her hands reaching out to touch him.

"Jordan, I love you," Aleksei stated softly, his voice clear in the chill winter air.

"Aleksei, wait," she implored, trying to run toward him, but stumbling on the uneven earth of the forest. "Don't leave me. Nobody leaves. Remember?" she cried, picking herself up when the dense forest floor tripped her.

"I'll never leave you, Jordan. We'll always be together," he promised, his body fading further, shimmering in the cold breeze.

"Aleksei, no...! God..., please, no..." she sobbed, stumbling forward and finally reaching the spot where the last vague image of Aleksei's body shimmered before her. "Aleksei, you promised," she cried, reaching for him and feeling not the welcome warmth of his body but empty, cold air. "You swore to me... Nobody leaves..." she whimpered brokenly, collapsing to the ground.

"You'll always be able to find me, Jordan. I'll always be with you. Perhaps not the way we want it to be, but I will always be with you. Listen to the whispers on the ice, Jordan. You'll find me in the whispers on the ice."

"That's not enough. I want you next to me. I want to be able to touch you, to hear your laughter and see your smile, to feel your heart beating against mine. Don't leave me, Aleksei," she cried brokenly, reaching for him only to see her hands penetrate his barely discernible shape.

"I love you, Jordan... never forget. I'll love you forever..." he whispered and gently ran his hand down her cheek, fading away completely to leave her totally alone in the forest.


Dupa Harry Potter fanfiction, a urmat figure skating fanfiction. Fragmentul e din "Whispers On The Ice" (pe care sper sa o primesc in varianta tiparita la vara:P).

Niciun comentariu: